Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Incomplete!

good morning!

yesterday was one of those spacey days
'cos sunday was a fantastic day
and
monday i just had to readjust to normal again.

do you have those days too...
where you just can't settle and don't quite know what to do?

i was feeling so unproductive by the mid afternoon
{after going out and buying snack food i don't need and spending way too much on lunch...
and mr w will read this and frown!} 
that i decided to complete
what was incomplete.

i had already completed the 'scooting & scarves' cushion
and had thought for a while that it needed a companion..
just a plain one to contrast with its frilliness and colour
so i made a large..45cm..square 'scooting' cushion.



showing off the new one by itself...



front

&

back...




i am happy now with the way they look together.


some things
just look better together..
like the mint slices and cuppa
i'm enjoying right now!


i wonder
what you're doing right now...


naturally Carol xox

17 comments:

  1. Very nice! The fabric is just woderful! All your great cushions makes me want to make a few up too, I'll have to make two or three up for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY SMART PAIR. MY WONDERFUL BRIGHT CHEERY CUSHIONS ARRIVED TODAY. tHANK YOU!

    I CAN'T TAKE A PICTURE AS MY CAMERA IS BUST. THANKS FOR THE CAMERA TIPS.

    I'M ABOUT TO MAKE A BEEF CASSEROLE FOR DINNER WHILE LITTLE MAN IS ASLEEP, THAN HANG OUT THE WASHING AND CLEN UP THE LOUNGEROOM FLOOR.

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. What am I do doing? Well it's 6 a.m. and I've walked the dog already. Just grabbing a cup of tea and some toast while I browse a few blogs ... but I have to get on the road in 20 minutes or I'll be late for my class **sigh** Hoping to get some sewing time in later!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable! The cushions look wonderful! Enjoy the beautiful day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I often have days like that.

    Love these cushions..they look great together :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh! I love these fabrics! The cushions are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. More fabulous work. How many have you made now. have you been counting them??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now you have a perfect pair! What great way to end the day! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh yes, mint slice and a cuppa. tidy work with the cushions!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a good life isn't it?! Lovely cushions, you definitely deserved your cuppa!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh these are a gorgeous pair Carol! So sweet! Loving the backing that looks like falling snow, perfect match.
    Mmmm Mint Slice are the best! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're right they do look nice together...I am eating delish doughnut muffins....I so shouldn't be though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Carol, I'm sorry I have lost so many your latest posts. You have made beautiful pillows and I just love your aprons! They are always so lovely and unique!
    Your flower photos are beautiful and that felted decoration fits well to your vase!
    Have a lovely summer time!
    xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  14. too cute!! love it that you turned a scattered day into one of achievement. I should do the same (and get off this computer right now!) but I would be hard pressed to find such a cute project around here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm feeding Blossom and smiling at your blog because I know those days too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great fabric. Love all these cushions. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

i am delighted that you care enough to comment..i love to read each one of them..thank you!